The Great Protein Lunchbox Challenge
New to 2019 is The Great Protein Lunchbox Challenge, where classes battle it out with other schools around the country.
Participating in the Lunchbox Challenge is easy.
- Register your school as a TEAM by filling out the team application here and don’t forget to choose SCHOOL at the bottom of the form.
- Once your team page has been set up, you can start to recruit other players for your team
- Reaching out to social media networks by SHARING your profile will help make your donation goal achievable. You can also use the promotional items included in the Lunchbox Challenge Kit to advertise the challenge and get support from school parents/guardians via school newsletters, emails and posters around the school.
- On the date you have chosen to PLAY everyone wanting to participate in the lunchbox challenge can enter with a gold coin donation.
- Participants bring in their lunch on the day with as many low protein items as possible.
- Your chosen Lunchbox Challenge Leader will attend school on the day and count up the total protein amount from all lunchboxes and enter it into the website database. This is a good opportunity for the Leader to educate the students what it is like to live with a dietary disorder to help raise awareness and to reduce the stigma that can sometimes follow people with a rare condition.
- Each class/school can then compare their total lunchbox protein count with others playing around Australia.
It is a fun way to learn about the difficulties some people have with healthy eating and raising some much needed dollars for MDDA to help people with PKU and their families.
So jump on board and register for The Great Protein Lunchbox Challenge today!